Welcome to our nursery! Please, come in, look around and enjoy the pictures of the puppies. We have two or three litters each year, so be sure to check in to see when the next litter is here.
Adopting a puppy can be a stressful time in the life of the puppy as well as for the new family. We are here to help with this transition. I will work to match you up with the puppy that best fits your lifestyle and activity level as well as providing you with the healthiest, best all-around, beautiful dog that I can. We love our puppies and want to see that they have loving homes in which to grow and thrive. My job is to help you in that endeavor. We offer 2 free training sessions as well as 2 free days of boarding for your new puppy. We also strive to maintain an ‘open email’ policy so that you can ask questions anytime you need. Living and working with dogs is a life-long learning process. I continue to learn about all my animals and I am happy to share the knowledge and experience I have gained from my experiences, research and my mentors (thank you!!) with you to make YOUR experiences all the better!
1. Read Adoption Agreement-It is vital that you understand how we care for our puppies/dogs and how we expect them to be cared for in the future in your home. Scroll down to read through it.
2. Application -If you are interested in adopting one of our pups please fill out the adoption application. We will respond usually within 24 hours to your application.
3. Pregnancy Calendar- Follow the development of your puppy even before it's born. Families that have put a deposit down on a future litter will receive a pregnancy calendar to follow along with the development of the babies.
4. Kennel Visit- If you would like we then will schedule a visit to our kennel to see the parents and available puppies. If the puppies have been born this counts as your first visit.
5. Deposit- A non-refundable deposit is required to hold a puppy till the pick up date. If a puppy of the sex or color is not in the litter then the deposit is held till the next litter that has what you requested. The deposit is 50% of the total adoption fee (including any extra training that you request).
6. If you are on the list for a future litter, I will e-mail you a pregnancy calender for momma so you can follow the puppies' development.I will also send pictures of momma just before she delivers. You will be notified when the puppies are born. We try to post photos on the web each week.
7. PUPPIES!! - You will be notified when the puppies are born. We try to post photos on the web each week. We hope to soon have a web cam up for you to keep an eye on your puppy.
8. Puppy visits- You are welcome to visit the pups a total of three times as they grow up till it is time to take them home. (They are not very active before 4 weeks and it is just healthier to limit exposure to germs and disease till they are older). These visits aid in making the transition to their new home easier by exposing them to your smell.
9. Education & Preparation- Read, read, read!! There are lots of articles on this site and others. Read about puppy development, training and health information. Next prepare your home and family for the new arrival. It is important to make it safe and convenient for you to so house training and basic obedience goes smoothly. We would be glad to help with any questions you have.
10. Pick up day!!- On pick up day we will go over lots of info regarding health and initial care of your puppy. Be sure to have your crate ready to keep your puppy out of trouble when you get home and can't watch him.
11. Transition to your pack- Indulge your puppy the first 3-5 days after pick up. Just like people handle stress differently so do puppies. It takes them usually just a few days to adjust to your home/family. Call or e-mail us if you have any questions.
12. Training starts now!! – With each puppy adoption we offer 2 free (1 hour) training sessions and 2 free days of boarding.
13. Enjoy- your new canine companion for 12+ years.
You are welcome to e-mail us, or call 206-588-9189 if you have any questions.